Last Revised April 26, 2017
Welcome to the website of www.downtownsummerlin.com (“Company”, “we” or “us”). This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.downtownsummerlin.com (our “Website”) or register to use Wi-Fi services at one of our physical locations (“Wi-Fi Services”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
In email, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites, accounts, services, and other resources, if those advertising and applications include links to this Website.
When you opt-in to this policy when you submit information by registering through one of our wireless internet access providers (“Wireless Providers”), which currently include SocialSign.In, Inc. (“SSI”), for use of Wi-Fi Services.
Us offline or through any other means, including through our social media accounts or on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries).
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It. We may collect the following types of information from and about users of our Website or Wi-Fi Services:
We collect this information:
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website or through Wireless Providers may include:
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Statistical Data, And Cookies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please see the Do Not Track Disclosures Section below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
On our Website, we automatically collect statistical data, which we may maintain or associate with personal information and other information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. For example, third-party providers may track locations of persons on our properties using specific device information (e.g., IP and MAC addresses), which may be provided to us in a non-personally identifiable form to help us improve your overall experience with our Website and traffic patterns at our physical locations, such as to plan promotions and events at our retail centers. Wireless Providers may also provide us non-personally identifiable information regarding Wi-Fi Services, including total data transferred or consumed, times logged in, and similar information. It helps us to improve our Website and Wi-Fi Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from certain providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information section.
We use third-party analytics companies, such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics to provide analysis of our customers’ Website and mobile application experiences. These companies collect and analyze information about how people interact with us through our web-based and mobile media, including information about browsing and other activities. To perform some of these services, they may collect and use information from first- and third-party cookies, from Wi-Fi or mobile applications, and web beacons.
Please note that your opt-out status may be maintained by placement of an “opt-out” cookie on your device. If the cookie is removed or deleted, or you upgrade to a new version of your browser, change browsers or visit us from a different device, you may need to repeat this process to indicate your preference.
The Website may also provide links to third-party (including subsidiaries, affiliates, and Wireless Providers) websites, accounts, or other resources, including but not limited to social media websites and applications (“Third-Party Resources”), which are not under our control. Also, if you click on a banner advertisement that appears on one of the pages of the Website, you may be transported to a Third-Party Resource and away from this Website. THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT APPLIES TO THIS WEBSITE ONLY, AND IS NOT INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE PRIVACY POLICIES OF THIRD-PARTY RESOURCES WITH REGARD TO THE COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OR OTHER DATA; WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THIRD-PARTY RESOURCES. IF YOU CLICK ON A BANNER ADVERTISEMENT OR A LINK TO A THIRD-PARTY RESOURCE, YOU SHOULD REVIEW THE PRIVACY STATEMENT OF SUCH THIRD-PARTY RESOURCE, IF ANY, TO DETERMINE THAT RESOURCE’S PRACTICES WITH REGARD TO THE COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION AND OTHER DATA. Any link on the Website to a Third-Party Resource does not imply an endorsement of the privacy practices of such Third-Party Resource by us, and no such Third-Party Resource is authorized to make any representation or warranty on our behalf. We are not responsible for the content, products or services contained in or offered by a Third-Party Resources.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
We may also disclose your personal information:
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Below is a list of mechanisms that provide you with the following control over your information:
Accessing and Correcting Your Information. We ask that you notify us of any changes to your personal information. You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email stating your request to email@example.com.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites with which the browser communicates. Our Website does not currently respond to these “do-not-track” signals.
No part of the Website is designed or directed to children. To be eligible to register for or log in to the Website or Wi-Fi Services you must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. Without limiting the foregoing, no one under age 13 may provide any information to the Website or register for Wi-Fi Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. By using our Website or registering for Wi-Fi Services, you warrant that you are not under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website or for Wi-Fi Services, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
We use industry standard safeguards to protect the confidentiality of personal information we collect from visitors to this Website or Wi-Fi Services. To protect you from any misuse or unauthorized use of your personal information, we may employ passwords or a firewall to prevent access for unauthorized users. Unfortunately, the transmission of any information via the Internet is not completely secure. “Perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Thus, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal or other information transmitted to our Website or in registration for Wi-Fi Services. Any transmission of personal or other information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or measures contained on the Website or of our Wireless Providers or other misuse or unauthorized use of your information by third parties.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or Wi-Fi Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Do not share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any other users of the Website or other members of the public. If you lose control of either your username or password, you may lose control over your sensitive information utilized in the Website or for Wi-Fi Services, and you agree that we will not be responsible. In addition, you agree that you are responsible for all actions and transactions taken under your username and password. If you believe that your username or password has been stolen or otherwise compromised, immediately contact us with relevant details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downtown Summerlin welcomes honest and open conversation on our Facebook page; however, we reserve the right to remove comments or discussion posts.
We are comfortable with comments that:
We discourage comments that:
We reserve the right to remove comments that:
By commenting on this page, you are indicating that you have read, understand and agree to abide by the guidelines laid out above. People who are continually abusive and offensive to others on our page risk being permanently removed as commenters.
Posted comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Downtown Summerlin/The Howard Hughes Corporation, and shared information does not constitute an endorsement of any kind. All content and posts are bound by the Terms and Conditions of Facebook.
Please contact Social@DowntownSummerlin if you have any questions.
Downtown Summerlin Wi-Fi Opt-In Sweepstakes
SPONSORED BY Summerlin Operating Company, LLC
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN IN THIS PROMOTION and a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The Downtown Summerlin Wi-Fi Opt-In Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open is open to all legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Void where prohibited by law. Individuals employed by (i) Summerlin Operating Company, LLC (“Sponsor”); (ii) Downtown Summerlin vendors, retail tenants, or licensees; or, (iii) The Howard Hughes Corporation, its affiliates or subsidiaries, or its advertising and marketing agencies; and such employees’ immediate families, may not enter or participate in the Promotion. Immediate family members are defined as a parent, spouse, sibling, child or anyone sharing the same residence as the applicable employee. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules as may be modified or amended by Sponsor, and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding.
1. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins on Saturday, April 22, 2017, at 9:00 AM PDT and concludes on Sunday, April 23, 2017, at 2:00 PM PDT (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be submitted within the Promotion Period. Entries received after the end of the Promotion Period will be void.
3. Failed Entries; Disqualification: One (1) entry into the Promotion per individual. Sponsor, including its directors, officers, employees, and agents, affiliates, and any third-party providers of services or goods are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any human mistake, technical error, or for lost, late, misdirected, unintelligible, returned or undelivered entries, telephone calls, or emails, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections availability, accessibility or for traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Promotion, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten, abuse or harass another entrant, as solely determined by Sponsor, may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void.
4. Winner Determination and Prize Notification: Subject to further verification and compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be awarded to one (1) individual randomly selected by the Sponsor, after close of the Promotion Period, on Monday, April 24, 2017 from among entrants who completed the entry process during the Promotion Period (the “Winner”). Entrants NEED NOT BE present at the TIME OF SELECTION to win. Sponsor will notify the Winner through Facebook. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended, discontinued, or malfunctioning Facebook account service, which may result in the Winner not receiving a prize notification. Any prize notification returned to Sponsor or its agencies as undeliverable will result in disqualification. The Winner must contact Sponsor by calling the Downtown Summerlin Concierge at (702) 832-1055 by 5:00 PM PDT on April 25, 2017 to claim the prize. No other party will be allowed to claim the prize on the Winner’s behalf. If the Winner does not contact Sponsor by 5:00 PM PDT on April 25, 2017, the prize will be forfeited and a new Winner may be selected by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion. The Winner may be required to provide identification and sign an affidavit acknowledging the award; the prize will only be awarded to a verified Winner. lf Winner refuses to execute the required documents or rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and a new Winner may be selected by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion.
5. Prize: The Winner will receive a prize package that includes:
· (3) Three-month membership to TruFusion at Dowtown Summerlin – Actual Retail Value (“ARV”): $250.00.
· Lululemon gift card. ARV: $100.00.
· Nekter Juice Bar gift card. ARV: $50.00.
· MTO Cafe gift card. ARV: $50.00.
· New Balance gift card. ARV: $100.00.
The total ARV of prize package is $550. Only one (1) prize package will be awarded. The odds of winning the prize package will depend upon how many persons participate in the Promotion. The prize is not transferable and not redeemable for cash except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. In the sole discretion of Sponsor, the prize package is subject to change without notice, but will be substituted with a prize of equal or greater ARV. The prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee by Sponsor.
6. Taxes: ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Winner will receive a 1099 tax form, when applicable, provided by Sponsor.
7. List of Winners: For the name of the winner, available after the conclusion of the Promotion, please mail a request for the list to:
Summerlin/ The Howard Hughes Corporation Wi-Fi Opt-In Sweepstakes
c/o Marketing Department
10801 W. Charleston Blvd., 3rd Floor
Las Vegas, NV 89135
8. Trademarks: The trademarks of Facebook, Instagram and Downtown Summerlin are the property of the owners of such trademarks.
9. Publicity; Use of Personal Information: Except where prohibited by law, entrance into the Promotion grants Sponsor and its affiliates, agents, successors and assigns a royalty-free, fully paid, non-exclusive, sublicensable, transferable, irrevocable, perpetual, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, publish, transmit, display, store, distribute, your name, likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information, prize information, hometown, and state for promotional purposes in any media whatsoever. Sponsor will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further notice obligation or compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor may require the Winner to execute a written consent containing this right of publicity.
10. Entrant Acknowledgements; General Waivers; Waiver or Right to Class Action: By entering this Promotion, entrants agree that (i) they have read and accepted these Official Rules; (ii) Sponsor may terminate, postpone or otherwise modify the Promotion at any time in its sole and absolute discretion including, without limitation, in the event of equipment failure or malfunction, acts of God, natural causes, labor disputes, or fire, flood or other casualties, or if Facebook terminates or threatens to terminate Sponsor’s right to conduct the Promotion using Facebook; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and, (iv) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses. BY ENTERING THIS PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO PROCEED BY WAY OF A CLASS ACTION, TO SERVE IN ANY REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY FOR OTHERS, AND TO ACT AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL IN ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS PROMOTION OR THE BREACH, TERMINATION, ENFORCEMENT, INTERPRETATION OR VALIDITY THEREOF. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you.
11. Governing Law; Venue: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (i) all issues and questions concerning these Official Rules shall be governed exclusively by Nevada law without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be (A) resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and, (B) filed only in the state or federal courts situated in Clark County, Nevada, and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such disputes, claims or causes of action; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and, (iv) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
12. Severability: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
13. Acknowledgment Regarding Instagram and Facebook; Release of Liability: This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook. By participating in this Promotion, each entrant agrees to fully and completely release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Instagram, Facebook, Sponsor and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, and any third-party providers from any and all claims, losses, causes of action, and liability arising from injuries (including death), damages, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorneys’ fees) incurred as a result of the entrant’s participation in this Promotion and/or their acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize or element thereof.
14. Sponsor Contact Information: Summerlin Operating Company, LLC, 10801 W. Charleston Blvd., 3rd Floor, Las Vegas, NV 89135.
Last Updated March 31, 2017
The Howard Hughes Corporation
Attention: Marketing Director
1980 Festival Plaza Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89135